REALTOR Care Day 2019
1. Columbus REALTORS®
Provided exterior improvements for 10 area homeowners, neighborhood litter abatement, hosted a Kids Zone, and extensive improvements for the Milo-Grogan Green Space and Community Garden. To volunteer, click here. Location (registration).
2. Bexley-Eastmoor-Berwick Realty Association
3. Big Walnut Area Realty Association
5. Delaware County Board of REALTORS®
6. Gahanna Area Realty Association
7. Greater Dublin Realty Association
8. Greater Worthington Area Realty Association
Olentangy Park (Olentangy bike trail) - planted (trees, shrubs, flowers), mulched, built a paver wall, stained the shelter house and planted an oak tree in honor and memory of Chris Bradley. Contact: Lisa Kinsey (614) 440-7256. Location.
9. Grove City Area Realty Association
10. Hilliard Area Realty Association
Planted, weeded, harvested for the Franklinton Farms gardens which supply healthy food options in Franklinton. They are a non-profit urban farm dedicated to sharing and building community with farming as the core. Contact: Angi Carey (614) 256-7368.
12. Lewis Center Realty Association
13. Madison County Area Realty Association
14. Marysville Area Realty Association
Provided flowering baskets as well as deck lattice installation and ceiling, sign and gutter repair for the Historical Houston House in Marysville. Contact: Julie Guy (614) 499-6307 or Katie Twigg (740) 972-5665. Location.
15. Midtown Area Real Estate Association
Cleaned up litter at local area homeless camps under two downtown bridges. Contact: Cody Butler (614) 603-0777.
16. New Albany Realty Association
Landscape clean-up, painting the exterior (partial garage door, trim etc.) spreading mulch, and replacing and sealing rotted deck boards for a New Albany resident. Contact: Rob Riddle (614) 939-8932. Location.
17. North Area Real Estate Association
18. Northwest Area Realty Association
Helped a retired single woman with lawn care for her two adjacent properties which included tree trimming, lawn mowing, shrub removal, new plantings, gutter cleaning, and a new gravel drive. Contact: Nickie Evans (614) 832-1314. Location 1. Location 2.
19. Pickaway County Real Estate Association
Exterior landscaping and interior painting for a new location of The Haven House of Pickaway County which is a domestic violence/homeless shelter for women and children. Contact: Cindy Vanicelli (740) 497-1860.
20. Powell Area Realty Association
1) Provided yard work for the Martin-Perry House, home to the Powell Liberty Historical Society and; 2) built/dressed beds for the Sertoma Bed Brigade at the Liberty Township Fire Department for People In Need of Delaware County. Contact: Chryssa Gartner (614) 402-3269. Location 1. Location 2.
21. Tri-County Realty Association
1) Planted/mulched at Municipal Park, Pataskala; 2) painted/stained benches and shelter at Karr Park, Petaskala; and 3) Provided entertainment and refreshments for residents of Echo Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Pickerington. Contact: Judy Stream (614) 578-4037. Location 1. Location 2. Location 3.
22. Westerville Area Realty Association
Created a Life Skills Lab for the North Pointe program at Westerville North High School. North Pointe is a program for students that are disadvantage and need mental health interventions. The Life Skills Lab will be an ‘apartment’ in one of their classrooms where students will learn real life skills (doing dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning and even personal hygiene). Contact: Ann Otte Hunger (614) 578-3752. Location.
22. Lancaster / Chillicothe - Rise Realty
Lancaster - painted the interior at the Lighthouse Shelter. Chillicothe - Chillicothe - Added flower/vegetable gardens for Ross County Board of Developmental Disabilities-Pioneer Center Adult Recreation at Charles and Daisy Black Farm. Contact: Bethany Alexander (614) 315-0071. Lancaster. Chillicothe.