- Columbus REALTORS® Government Affairs Forum Joint Congressional Roundtable
- Please join Columbus REALTORS® Government Affairs Forum on August 13th, 2020 as we present our 2020 Columbus REALTORS® Joint Congressional Roundtable. The Joint Congressional Roundtable, featuring Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (D-OH3), Congressman Steve Stivers, (R-OH15) and Congressman Troy Balderson (R-OH12) will be held virtually from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. The link will be emailed to participants at a later date.
- All questions will be asked by the moderator(s). If you’d like your question asked, please have it pre-submitted to Brent Swander, email@example.com All questions will relate to real estate or real estate-related issues and will be policy-focused.
- The Joint Congressional Roundtable is open to Columbus REALTORS® members (all categories).
- Registration is open; register here
- Columbus REALTORS® Government Affairs Forum 2020 Policy & Political Forecast
- Our rescheduled 2020 Government Affairs Forum “2020 Policy & Political Forecast” has a new date, September 16th from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Open to all Columbus REALTORS® members, this panel of policy and political experts will discuss the hot topics of 2020 from City Hall’s to the Statehouse to The White House. By September, there will be A LOT to discuss and yes, we will briefly discuss the impacts of the current FBI/DOJ indictments from Ohio.
- The decisions made at all levels of government impact our communities and your business. A do-not-miss event, you’ll want to hear these expert opinions and bold predictions. A remake of our 2018 Policy & Political Forecast, this event will not only keep you entertained but will keep you informed as to what you can expect on the policy and political front in 2020.
- More info, panelists bios, and registration can be found here
Federal – updates via Zack Rubin McCarry
- New NAR Video: How to Complete the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application form 3508EZ
- NAR Support for Next Pandemic Response Bill
- In support of ongoing negotiations for pandemic relief packages, NAR recently sent a letter (link is external) to Congressional leaders outlining key issues for REALTORS®, consumers, and the real estate industry. NAR urged a continued focus on the housing security needs of Americans, increased consumer access to credit, and financial flexibility for businesses and independent contractors. This included several proposals to include or extend such as:
- Mortgage and Rental Assistance, Forbearance Extensions, Eviction Moratoriums, and Funding for Housing Counseling Services;
- Consumer Credit Protection, Mortgage Market Liquidity, and Regulatory Relief;
- Limited Liability Protections, Unemployment Assistance Extensions, Federal Lending Program Modifications (EIDL, PPP, Fed Main Street), and Remote Online Notarization;
- Broadband Access, and State and Local Government Support.
NAR remains ready to partner with policymakers on these and other measures while continuing to advocate for REALTORS®, consumers, and the entire real estate industry.