Cancelled - Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA)
This class has been cancelled
(3 CE credit hours)
The CTA program is brought to you by Experience Columbus (Convention and Visitors Bureau) and the instructors are certified CTA instructors.
The Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program is a national certification and respected professional achievement. Through this program participants (Realtors) will improve their knowledge of Great Columbus and will be better equipped to help their clients understand their city and the many amenities and opportunities that Columbus holds!
Columbus REALTORS® is pleased to an announce an offering of the CTA, Certified Tourism Ambassador program in partnership with Experience Columbus. Have you ever wanted to learn more about the Columbus area? Do you want to be more connected to your city and find out about the newest restaurants, attractions and events? Do you want to positively impact Columbus and its surrounding communities? The Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program is geared towards helping us turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience, and Realtors are in a perfect position to do just that! By going through this program, you'll enhance your knowledge od the history that has shaped our area as well as what we have to offer in central Ohio today. You'll find out about the arts, entertainment, festivals, shopping and dining unique to the region which will, in turn, make you a better resource for your clients.
- Delivered through a reading assignment and in-class participation
- Module 1: The Power of Tourism
- Module 2: Discovering Greater Columbus
- Module 3: Knowing, Finding, Using Resources
- Module 4: Exceeding Customer Expectations
- The certification program requires successful completion of a core curriculum. The requirements to earn the CTA designation are:
- Complete required reading
- Complete learning assignments within reading
- Attend the half-day classroom session
- Complete open-book examination (during half-day session)
Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™
designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin.
Once certified, there is an annual renewal fee of $20 through the CTA program.
This class qualifies for a $10 discount with the EduCard Plus+. Just type in the Special Request box EduCard and the discount will be refunded after attending the class.