Ethics for Real Estate
(3 CE credit hours)
This ethics course satisfies the core State of Ohio Ethics requirement and the NAR Ethics requirement due December 31, 2020.)
Instructor: Carol Prigan, Realtor with HER, Realtors
This class is designed to make your required ethics CE a fun experience and also relevant to your real estate life.
The course will include:
- Ethics and the Law: What happens when they aren't in balance
- Multiple offers: How to best handle
- Create your own personal ethics road map
- Why consumers have trust issues with real estate agents; how not to put our interest ahead of theirs
- Variable rate commissions and bonuses; the ethics of both practices
- Ethics and how it relates to short sales issues
Carol Prigan began her career in real estate with HER, Realtors as a licensed salesperson while still teaching part-time at Otterbein University. After four years, she decided that one career was enough and resigned from teaching. Never really stopped teaching, Carol now oversees professional development with HER, Realtors. She enjoys helping agents realize their goals by providing a variety of learning opportunities. Carol also provides technology training, develops courses for classroom and online, organizes outside speakers and trainers to present to the agents, and maintains our transaction management platform. She is glad to be a par of HER because of the constant improvement in HER's education and training opportunities.
Cost: "Free" of charge for members of Columbus REALTORS®; $20 for MLS only and non-members)