Certified Real Estate Mentor (CREM) Designation Course
(This is a two-day course - Wednesday, Oct. 2; 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. & Thursday, Oct. 3; 9:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.)
Columbus REALTORS® is excited and proud to offer a designation course that teaches a Realtor how to be a real estate mentor. From Columbus REALTORS® Past President, Mic Gordon's initiative, the CREM Task Force, which included members of the Residential Education Committee, as well as, other interested REALTOR® members, spent more than a year developing the focus, the criteria and the course content for the designation. This course offering is the third course offered by Columbus REALTORS®. It is an exciting opportunity for you to achieve this new designation and be among the first to receive the CREM designation.
Why Mentoring? Mentoring is and always has been vital for success in the real estate world. Despite its importance, there is very little formal mentor training. This mentorship education is essential to make sure that knowledge, experience and wisdom are passed down from generation to generation. Mentoring is also a way to address many important topics including:
- Professionalism in the industry
- The need to address the high failure rate for newer agents
- The challenge (and opportunity) for experienced agents near retirement to find and train their replacements
The CREM designation is awarded by Columbus REALTORS® to those members who meet the experience criteria and complete the 2-day course, The Certified Real Estate Mentor.
Cost: $299 if paid by 9/18; $349 after 9/18 which includes course manual/workbook and lunch provided each day
Seating is limited to the first 30 applicants who meet the requirements for the CREM Designation. This class does not qualify as a discounted class with the EduCard Plus+.
Requirements for the CREM Designation:
- Minimum experience of 2 years as a full time Realtor
- Participation in a minimum of 40 transaction sides
- Association/Community involvement (minimum of 5 points total - see application for details)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Broker or Manager
- The CREM course and designation application must be completed, signed, dated and submitted with the letter of recommendation
For more information contact Kelly Bright, firstname.lastname@example.org; (614) 475-4000 ext. 211
CREM Designation Application