There are many reasons to consider new built homes
Welcome to 2020 BRAC Committee. Erin Edwards and I are your co-chairs this year. Erin is a sales rep for Rockford Homes, and I am a 29-year REALTOR® who loves to sell new builds.
Our committee strives to bring relationships of Builders and REALTORS® to a point where buyers know they have a choice when it comes to choosing their next home.
There are several reasons a new build home can make sense for some buyers. Here are just a few.
- With the lack of inventory of existing homes and the competitive nature of multiple offers, new construction is an option for your buyers that alleviates the stress “bidding wars” or “settling” for something that is outdated and needs work.
- With a new home, everything is warranted.
- New homes are usually more energy efficient.
- New homes require less maintenance.
- New home developments can be friendlier as your neighbors are also new to the area and anxious to make new friends!
So, if you are interested in learning more about selling new homes, the BRAC is an excellent place to start.
Our committee is a fun group that mixes a lot of networking with education as to what is going on in the area. Some of our meeting topics include:
- how to increase your income by selling new construction
- how to cater to empty nesters by showing them not only how and where right sized homes are being built, but how to finance them
- how to market new builds, even as a non-builder affiliated Agent
- how to build on your own lot
- legislative issues challenging Builders
- and a roundtable with building superintendents (the people who actually build the house) will help us learn what is expected,
We all need to keep up on the latest hot trends and the new areas we build in. From downtown to the suburbs to Evans Farm, Beulah Park, Dublin’s Bridge Street Project and more, we all want the “inside scoop” on what’s going on in these communities and where new developments are being planned.
This year, our bus tours will take us to the East/Southeast area where there are many affordable developments as well as downtown to see what options are available for buyers interested in the urban scene.
It’s not too late to join our committee. We promise you will learn something about new construction as well as network with builders and their representatives which will make you much more comfortable when talking to buyers about the option of new construction.
Looking forward to an educational and fun year!